1.Study the Word of God with some of the greatest Bible teachers of this generation! The resident faculty at the Word of Life Hungary Bible Institute are dedicated men with years of teaching and ministry experience. In addition, the guest lecturer program offers a unique depth to our program that few schools can match. Each week successful pastors, seminary professors and well-known authors teach a book of the Bible or a course in some area of practical ministry. Mark Bailey, Roy Zuck, Tom Constable, Ron Blue, Jimmy DeYoung, John Davis, Chris Miller and Stan Toussaint are just a few of the many who have taught in our school over the years.
2. Grow spiritually in a unique, discipleship-oriented atmosphere! Each member of the staff and faculty of the WOL Hungary Bible Institute is committed to the spiritual growth of every student and to help each one learn what it means to be a disciple of Jesus Christ. There are many opportunities for staff and students alike to learn, serve and grow together. The small-school setting means that you will be known and cared for personally.
3. Earn credits that transfer to other Christian colleges! Among the list of colleges and universities which receive our credits include but are not limited to: Cedarville University, Liberty University, Moody Bible Institute, Philadelphia Biblical University, Lancaster Bible College, Baptist Bible College, Appalachian Bible College, Davis College, Criswell College, Tennessee Temple University, and Columbia International University.
4. Complete college foreign language requirements! Every Bible Institute student takes 2 credit-hours of language in each of the three academic quarters. Hungarians study English and English speakers study Hungarian. This means that by the end of the one-year program you will have earned 6 credits that will satisfy the foreign language requirements in almost any bachelor degree program.
5.Get an invaluable education while saving thousands of dollars! The cost of room, board and tuition at a Christian college in the U.S. can range anywhere from around $13,000 to over $35,000 per year. However, at Word of Life Hungary the total cost for these same expenses is half and in some cases less than one fifth the price of other schools. When you consider that you can transfer into one of these more expensive schools as a sophomore or possibly even a junior, this is a great deal - even when you include the cost of airfare! Also, because Word of Life graduates are well-known for their spiritual maturity, Bible knowledge and ministry training many Christian colleges offer special Word of Life scholarships for which you may be eligible.
6.Enjoy a truly international cross-cultural experience! Hungary is a unique country in the heart of Europe. Although something of a cultural and linguistic island it is truly a crossroads between the East and West. Since the opening of the Bible Institute in 1994, we have had students from 20 different countries with foreign students often making up over half of our total enrollment. Where else could you go to a non-English speaking country and still study the Word of God in your own language?
7. Step out of your comfort zone and into a challenge! Sometimes it is easy to become comfortable in familiar and secure surroundings. Your one or two years as a student in the Word of Life Hungary Bible Institute will challenge you in your walk with the Lord. You will step out of your “comfort zone” and into a place where you find yourself depending on the Lord in a special way every day.
8.Be a missionary for two full years! Have you ever considered serving the Lord as a missionary, but were concerned about whether you really had “what it takes”? As a WOL Bible Institute student in Hungary you will have the opportunity to find out! Consider this: You will be living in a foreign country, learning to get along in a new culture, and studying a new language, while building relationships with local believers and developing ministry skills as you serve in one of the many student ministries each week.
9. Satisfy the Bible education requirements of most missions organizations! If you are considering foreign missions as a full-time vocation, you will find that virtually every mission organization has a minimum requirement of one or two years of Bible training. Because of the established reputation of Word of Life and its schools around the world, you should be able to count on your education at the WOL Hungary Bible Institute to meet or exceed those general education and training requirements.
10.Lay a Foundation for Life! The Word of God provides the answers to life's most important questions as well as the principles needed for making wise, Christ-honoring decisions. This is why the Word of Life Hungary Bible Institute is so important in the process of preparing young men and women to meet the challenges and opportunities they will encounter throughout their lives. Whether you are planning on immediately entering full-time vocational Christian service, going on to other schools of higher education, or returning to serve in your home church, we will help you lay a solid foundation for whatever you do in life.